Few modern-day sports activities individuals have confronted the sort of scrutiny that Sri Lankan spinner Muttiah Muralitharan for his unorthodox bowling motion. And even fewer emerged stronger from such controversies. The cricketer, who turns 50 in the present day, is sometimes called the “magician”. Throughout a rare profession starting in August 1992, he surpassed all of the obstacles with sheer iron will and in 2005, the ICC modified the principles to permit his uncommon arm motion.
Here’s a take a look at a number of of his achievements:
1. Muralitharan took 800 Check wickets at a median of twenty-two.72 and ended up as the best wicket-taker within the format.
2. A part of a wave of nice spinners who dominated the sport on the flip of the century, his document 534 wickets in 350 ODIs too is a sworn statement of his iron will.
3. The off-spinner is credited with growing a brand new sort of supply, known as the “doosra,” by which the ball turns away from a right-handed batsman.
4. He claimed 10 five-wicket hauls and 15 four-wicket hauls in ODIs.
5. Muralitharan has taken 9 wickets in a Check innings twice and he has taken 10 wickets in a Check in 4 consecutive matches on two events.
6. In 2017, he turned the primary Sri Lankan to be included into the ICC Corridor of Fame.
7. Wisden cricket in 2002 ranked him because the main bowler in historical past, forward of Australian nice Shane Warne.
8. Muralitharan performed the ultimate match of his Check profession, towards India in July 2010.
9. He took up cricket on the age of eight as a medium-pacer. His coach at St Anthony’s Faculty in Kandy, Sunil Fernando, urged he change to off-spin.
10. His proudest second on the pitch got here in 1996, when Sri Lanka gained the World Cup.
Get all the newest updates on Cricket Information, Cricket Images, Cricket Movies, IPL 2022 Reside Updates and Cricket Scores right here